Situated in Sheerware Road, Elmstone, CT3 1HN, near Preston. Elmstone parish church is a Grade II listed building which is not dedicated. The Normans built it in the 12th century, added the tower in the following century, with remodelling and extensions 100 year later. Richard Phelps cast and hung a ring of three bells in 1712. In 1800, Edward Hasted described Elmstone church as a ‘small building, consisting of a body, a very small north isle, and a chancel, having a square tower, embattled at the north-west corner, in which there are three bells’. The Victorians carried out restorations in 1878, and 1900.