St Mildred's Church at Preston
Situated in Court Lane, Preston, Kent, CT3 1DJ, St Mildred's is a grade 1 listed parish church which dates from the 13th century. It was remodelled and extended in the 14th century. In 1857 it was restored by William White with the installation of dormer windows to replace and block the aisle windows. The church is unusual in holding a parochial library dated from 1710 (Dr Bray's) "for the use of the Vicars of Preston". This is one of only 10 Parish libraries in the county and the only survivor in a parish.